An Australian Homestay experience is an ultimate way for students to appreciate the culture, English language integration and a full “taste” of Australia. All families are carefully selected and their homes are inspected by our trained staff.
Living with an Australian family provides a safe and secure environment plus a daily English learning experience. It’s the perfect way to improve your English conversation skills and immerse yourself in the Australian way of life in a safe, friendly environment.
Our Homestay families are linked to your Study Tour program and live in close proximity to your study location. As a Homestay student, you enjoy being included as part of the family and learn to become more independent during your time in Australia.
- Tyler International is dedicated to safe, friendly and caring Homestay families who work closely with the study tour organisers and teachers.
- Tyler International has a register of local Homestay families who are experienced in hosting international students for short intensive periods.
- Each family is required to have a Blue Card and is regularly inspected to keep the quality of service reliable and of a high standard.
- Each study tour participant is personally matched with a homestay family for the duration their program.
- Homestay families are made aware of dietary requirements, special needs and study tour schedules.
Homestay Family Testimonials
What does it mean to be a Homestay Family?
- Provide a positive and harmonious environment to foster cross-cultural understanding and co-operation.
- Encourage communication to assist the student’s language development.
- Report any medical or other incidents which we feel are a concern for the student’s welfare to Tyler International.
- Offer a fully furnished bedroom with access to a suitable study area and make available adequate secure storage for personal effects
- To provide all meals (breakfast/lunch/dinner) and snacks.
- Homestay families agree to have an inspection of the home by the Homestay Coordinators of Tyler International